Monday, November 17, 2014

the cuckoo's nest...

I may be out of the cuckoo's nest but only by a hop, skip and a jump.  

Today was my first full day of the hospital's outpatient program.  Supposedly, I'm doing this "voluntarily" however when they had me sign paperwork, apparently they thought I didn't see the part where it stated "if they felt I'd be better served by returning to the hospital program...yada yada yada, I'm giving the doctors my permission to yank my ass back to the psych ward just by signing on the dotted line of this outpatient intake form".   
Yeah, I crossed that section out and initialed it before I signed on the bottom line...cause I'm anal that way.  

I've been someone who's sought out therapy since a left for university.  

I had a rather hard childhood, and thought therapy could help me cope once I was in the real world.   
I've had some fantastic therapists.  It often took going thru some real duds to find those awesome ones tho, but it was worth it.  

So today, when I'm meeting what I would call the "Elmer Fudd" of the therapy world, it doesn't fill me with a lot of hope. 
Nor does this, cattle them in, dose them up, use CBT(cognitive behavioural therapy) on them, and 2-4 weeks later shove them back out on the streets.  

I find it: insulting, harmful, and "just out to fleece" patients and insurance companies.  


2 comments:

Ethan Lambert said...

Almost two weeks... I'm going through Monkey Girl withdrawals :( Hope all is well with you.

monkey girl said...

Sorry, it's been a fucking roller coaster of fucked up emotions here in Portland.

Some days are ok, and some I just want to do anything to make the pain go away.