Saturday, March 2, 2013

Please forgive me...

If I'm repeating myself I hope you can forgive me. Even if I've told this story before, it needs repeating. If not just for the humour.

As many Californians know when traveling down any highway...that not so faint waft of wonderus skunk smell that seems to sneak up on you.

These poor little critters seem to always choose some inopportune time to cross the road....and their scent then lasts for days.

You'll often see them on the road, possums too. The common roadkill in California.

When we moved to Washington, you don't see any skunks, or smell them either. I'm not sure if it's the climate or that Washington skunks are just smarter. The possums sure aren't, that's for sure.

However, when we lived in Singapore, the roadkill was a far different creature. So you'll have to forgive me the first time I came across my first monkey roadkill on the freeway.

No comments: