Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Marguerite....

I lost a friend today.

She didn't want many people knowing she had breast cancer. I understood her reasoning. She was private. She wanted to focus her energy positively. She didn't want those pitying looks people can't help but give when they know you're sick.

She was only ten years older than me. So young. So full of life. Always smiling and with a hug ready for everyone who knew her.

I will miss her.
I wish I'd been able to know her better.

I remember the last time I saw her.
She knew I'd been sick and had been in and out of the hospital for tests. After my morning hug, she laid her hands on my hands and arms. Transferring her energy to me. Slowing running her hands over the areas she knew gave me the most trouble. I'll remember that as our last moment together. Hands touching.

Her eyes were so blue and upturned from a lifetime of smiling.

A lifetime that was too short.








I will miss you Marguerite.





3 comments:

CuriousRob said...

I'm sorry for your loss, Monkey Girl. I'm assuming you knew of her illness, but it doesn't make it that much easier to deal with when someone you care for dies. {{{hugs}}}

monkey girl said...

Thank you Rob. She was only 54 and so full of life. I truly don't understand sometimes how unfair life is.
Thank you for the hugs. ;)

jeremy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.