Friday, October 5, 2012

Missing my blogger friend...

It's been about six months since I decided to restart my blog.

The poor thing just sat for two years. But blogging no longer held my interest and I slowly drifted off into the ether.

Recently, a favourite blogger of mine decided to close up shop after years of blogging. She's been gone a week and I already miss her.

When I stumbled upon her blog/journal I was enthralled. So honest. So raw. It floored me. It took me over a week to read the entire journal. I stayed up into the wee hours of the morning in a 7 hour reading stretch to finish it...I couldn't put it down.

I wrote her and her spouse a heart felt thank you that morning at 6am and the very next day I decided to re-start my blog/journal. This time I wasn't going to edit out parts of my life I was too scared to share. I was inspired.

I'm not sure I've made as much progress as I'd hoped, but it's a start to be sure.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

keep it up. It'll get easier. You might want to consider turning off the word verification. People get frustrated with google's new system.

monkey girl said...

Thank you for the head's up, I didn't know that it requested word verification(which I have trouble w/myself).

Emi Jones said...

was lurking by, I too was sad to see the blog go as well :(

monkey girl said...

Emi,

I think that blog will be missed by many. I'm glad though that it ran its course and we were able to share in that. So many bloggers just disappear and those are the ones I worry about.

Thanks for lurking(kinda). Come back soon.

Hugs,
mg

PastryTwatter said...

I was also lurking I started just this summer and looked forward to new poss each week. i was sad to see it go as I gained insight from it. but fun that occasionally new posts pop up. BTW i am really enjoying your blog so thank you!

SassyJap

Steph said...

I took a break myself. I was feeling uninspired. I am afraid of my creativity when I am in a not-so-happy mode.