Monday, August 27, 2012

Light at the end of the tunnel.

H was home by 7pm on Friday. Even though we were so eager to jump into bed, the girls wanted some 'Dad time'.

But by 11pm we were so wrapped up in ourselves the house could've burnt down and I don't think we'd have noticed or cared.

My friends laugh when I complain about H being gone for a few days. They tease me. Some say they wish their husband traveled as much as H does...I never know what to say to them about that. When he's gone, I truly miss him. It's as if I'm a boat and my anchor is gone. I'm truly adrift.

My friends don't know much about our marriage or dynamic. We're private. I know they think we're cute...that he's sweet to me and that I'm glued to him. But I don't share with them and they don't really ask. They're more apt to talk about themselves and/or complain about their marriage.

Sure H can be a doo-doo head(lol) and sometimes a little thoughtless, but I know he loves me. He cares for me, makes me take my yucky medicine, puts me to bed, helps me be the best I can be. I can only hope he knows how much I love him.

Saturday morning I awoke to him sinking inside me. My favorite way to wake up. As he came I wished him a happy birthday.

He stayed in bed while the girls fixed him breakfast. He was such a sport cause by 11am he was starved but the girls were trying their best but frustrated by the sausage that apparently wouldn't cooperate. ;) Eventually cinnamon rolls and homemade sausage mcmuffin with eggs was served(sausage, fried egg, with cheddar cheese on an English muffin. It was wonderful and H is always a happy man when finally fed.

Later we went to the bookstore, pet store(new dwarf hamster) and dinner.

By Sunday nite he was packing up again for the week and I was getting teary. He decided to stay the night and leave early the next morning. Yes, I'm a very bad influence.

This morning after two trips back to our bedroom to kiss goodbye, he was on his way.

This week he moves into the house he found for us. Soon there will be a moving company packing up our nic nacs and moving them to our new home. It'll be a new adventure.


My home is wherever H is...

No comments: