Monday, June 18, 2012

My Father.

It's been 20 years since my Father passed away at 51.

That first father's day without him was gut wrenching.
His gravestone had just been finished and placed. I laid on the grass next to him that entire afternoon.

Yesterday H and the monkeys went to the Giants game. Yes, I could have gone, but H knows me so well. He knows that even though it's been 20 years, father's day is still hard for me.

I certainly didn't want to rain on H's fun day. And over the years, baseball games have become a father/daughter pass time.

My Father was truly a renaissance man.
One of a kind.

Brilliant...holds several patents and pioneered the silicon valley, literally(before there was any Bill Gates or Steve Jobs).

Talented...played the piano. Oh, how I loved the lay under the piano and listen to him play. Clair de Lune will always be our favorite.

Industrious...an avid wood worker and furniture maker. His pieces are extraordinary.

Funny...but in such a dry, dark way. Most of my humour comes from him.

Loving...he loved me unconditionally.

Adventurous...he took me around the world and shared with me his love of different cultures.

In those short 51 years, my Father accomplished a lot.

But being my Father was his greatest gift to me.

I was his joy.


I still am.


xo

No comments: