Monday, June 4, 2012

An exercise in futility.


As the day wore on, and my headache grew, what I was preparing for...well let's just say, that fact that it was an exercise in futility wasn't lost on me.

I could already feel myself getting worked up.
Stressing about something I had literally no control over. Of course that's never stopped me before.

I started to feel tight and thin...overly stretched. Now I recognise this feeling.

More than once yesterday H told me to go lay down. I didn't want to, there was so much work to be done before the hoards descended.

He eventually gave me that stern look and I scurried off into the bedroom. He came in later and actually laid down with me till I settled(and then fell asleep).

Three hours later I woke and I realised how much I needed that nap. To just close my eyes and forget everything.

But now it's back to the grind of preparing the house for guests.

The first houseguest arrives on Wednesday. Everyone will be in town by Friday. Ugh, I already feel queasy.

I love these people, really I do. But it never ceases to amaze me how stressed out I get. That feeling that I'll have to entertain these people.

I just wish it was already next week, ya know?









No comments: