Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Already gone...yet here to stay

H flew back to New York yesterday. He was only home a week. I already know this is going to get old fast. Ugh.
I know he hates it too. When he's there he works 70+ hours weeks.
Even though he's busy he still seems to make time to text kidlet #1 about her tennis meets. And every night he calls kidlet #2 before her bedtime to talk about her day. He really tries and considering how little parenting he saw growing up, he's a fantastic father.

We have family and friends coming in a month for #1's graduation. Most will be flying in and staying for 3-4 days(all in hotels this time!!)
Even the MIL is coming.
I'm trying not to stress(lol) but I know by the week she's supposed to arrive I'll be a wreck. Good thing there will be plenty of friends and family around to absorb her attention.

H knows I go a little bonkers when she visits.
He tries super hard to keep me focused on other things.

MIL isn't a big monkey girl supporter. And even though she only visits about once every 7 years, it still hurts to know that she's not fond of monkey girl.

Monkey girl always knew MIL didn't like her all that much. It's always been difficult to be on the receiving end of MIL's underhanded comments.
H has always stood up for monkey girl in every way, often to the detriment of his relationship with his family.

I always hoped MIL would 'come around' and see that I'm not all that bad. I gave birth to H's beautiful babies after all.
I'm not asking her to be monkey girl's cheerleader but after 20 years of being married(anniversary this summer!) you'd think MIL would realise monkey girl is here to stay and not some passing fancy...maybe that's just wishful thinking on both parts.

She'll visit and then go home. Once she's left for the airport monkey girl will finally take a deep breath not realising she'd been holding it in for the past 3 days.
And then she won't have to worry about the next visit for another 7 years.






4 comments:

guy who trapped monkey girl said...

Please just breath... There will be some many people around that this is the perfect time for mt mom visit.

Could be worse... I could quit the POS job and we can move in with lovely o'l mom! Yea? No...

Missing ya babe!

guy who trapped monkey girl said...

Please just breath... There will be so many people around that this is the perfect time for my mom visit.

Could be worse... I could quit the POS job and we can move in with lovely o'l mom! Yea? No...

Missing ya babe!

guy who trapped monkey girl said...

Hey... posted twice... how nice...

monkey girl said...

Trying very hard to remember to breathe. And you're right there will be lots of people to keep me busy and her entertained.
As for your last comment...not funny. At all.
Miss you, love you, xo

ps. I see you finally remembered your google password. ;)