Friday, April 27, 2012

2 weeks on...2 weeks off

Whenever H is away on business I have trouble. Not big trouble(not generally anyway) but I definitely struggle.
I have a hard time sleeping, hard time eating, everything just seems harder.
H knows this. Even if I try to maintain a stiff upper lip, nothing escapes his notice.
I'm not particularly proud of the fact that I can't seem to pull it together. Honestly I try.

My life is very routine based. And when H is gone my routine is shot to hell. I kinda feel like a fly in a jar. I fly in circles and can't seem to settle.

H has only been home since Friday...first thing Monday morning New York is calling wondering when he'll be back. Tuesday...more calls. I know where this is going.
Finally last night H says he'll have to do 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off until this contract is signed. I knew it was coming, so it wasn't too much of a shock, honestly I imagined worse. We've done this before when work gets crazy.
It's just been awhile for monkey girl...at least 7 years.
I don't want to give him more to worry about.

H has never been one to micromanage me, but this time I knew this might be the only way for me to keep it together.
When this has happened before I had a weekly schedule...pretty much all planned out Mon-Fri. Since moving up here though, I haven't really found a routine.

I don't like to admit my faults all that much, but this time even I have to admit, there may not be any other way. Maybe it'll give me some peace of mind, and hopefully it'll give H some peace of mind.

H leaves first thing Tuesday morning.
Micromanaged monkey girl goes into effect 6am Tuesday morning...wish me luck.



p.s. I saw Fifty Shades at Costco today. Good grief. I don't get it.

No comments: