Friday, September 11, 2009

Sex after 40...

Both my husband and I hit our 40's within the last two years.

I'll admit after 17 years of marriage, our sex life has gone through its share of changes.

We often marvel at how we had enough energy to have sex 5 times a day while going to college, working two part time jobs (his at school, mine off campus) and his water polo practice twice a day. When did we have time to sleep? Go to parties? Recover from drinking too much?

And then I remember I was 19/20 and he was 21/22.

A time where staying up till 4am frantically writing a paper due at 9am, didn't keep me from working a six hour shift, going to 3 classes and apparently fucking my brains out for 3 hours.

After 21 years(total) together, our sex life has gone through peaks and valleys. Babies and graveyard shifts.

And now at 41, I finally get the whole Demi Moore/Ashton Kutcher thing.

See, women go through their sexual peak sometime in their late 30's to early 40's whereas men peak sometime in their 20's.

You'd have to have a 20 year old on stand by...or risk giving your husband a heart attack.

10 comments:

Jay Ferris said...

I plan on being the exception to this rule when Christie hits 40. That, or try to find a pool boy that looks like Robert Pattinson but can also grill a mean steak.

guy who trapped monkey girl said...

If this keeps up I will have to call in Big Jim Slade.

Monkey Girl said...

Who the hell is that?

Unless he's the long lost brother of Gerard Butler or Clive Owen, I'm not interested.

guy who trapped monkey girl said...

It if from a John Landis film: "Big Jim, former tight end for the Kansas City Chiefs, is outfitted with various whips, chains, and a sexual appetite that will knock your socks off! Big Jim has satisfied women throughout the world, and the capital of Nebraska is Lincoln!"

I'll put it at the top of our Netflix queue...

Monkey Girl said...

Ug. Yawn.

You'd better not touch my Netflix acct. if you know what's good for you.

Jay,

I know Christie will be happy!! As long as the man whore can keep you both happy, that's all that matters.

Chris Allin said...

My future plans had Africa in them, I think I might change that now. It's often customary to hire the locals as cleaners or cooks, I don't think I want my future wife around young, athletic looking men while I am out at the market.

Tonia said...

MG,
Just turned 41 and this topic of conversation came up at work the other day with some of the women I work with. Interesting time of life isn't it?

Monkey Girl said...

Tonia,

It is an interesting time. I turn 41 in November. Even though I don't really think of aging, I'll admit I'm a little worried what kind of shape I'll be in...in another 40 years.

Dumbwit Tellher ♥ said...

Amen..sister. At forty I finally figured out what all the fuss was about. I turned 40, got divorced (after 22 yrs) & finally lived..amen, again!!

Kim said...

Hmmmm...looking forward to the 4-0 now!