Thursday, January 29, 2009

Help, my husband has fallen and can't get up...

Well, he hasn't fallen but he did manage to throw his back out over the x-mas holiday.

No, not sex...you sickos, shoveling the fucking snow off our sidewalk. So, while your minds were in the gutter (at least mine was) he was literally in the gutter trying to keep our driveway and sidewalk clear. He didn't want any of the neighbor kids to slip and fall. The irony.

Now, he's always led me to believe he's the 'Man of Steel' but I'm starting to have my doubts. Maybe it's the hobbling around the house all hunched over like he's 80 instead of 41. Poor boy. I offered to get him a walker (tennis balls and all), but he promptly flipped me an obscene finger gesture. Guess the walker is out.

So, a week from Monday, I'm taking the old man to the Spinal Clinic in Seattle and hopefully they'll whip him back into shape. Literally.

So, sex is out for a little while, at least. I don't want to break the poor boy.

5 comments:

mommapolitico said...

Whoa, no fun, for the hubby...or for you! ;) Mine has had problems over the years with his back as well, and it really puts the guy out of commission. Hang in there, and lotsa Alleve/moist heat on the hubby's back. For you, I prescribe a martini (vodka or gin), nightly as his symptoms persist.
Take care,
Dr. Perry

Monkey Girl said...

Yeah,
It's the pits. Imagine me (the sick one) helping him out of bed.
Thanks for the advice, it'll definitely be taken.
Sincerely,
MG

P.S. When did we get old?

Chris said...

Our 40s are a rude wake up call. The condition we face in our 40s is the collective crap we've fed ourselves and the lack of exercise through our 30s. And it happens, at least in our minds, all of a sudden, without warning, while we're shovely snow are having sex like an adled 70 year old instead of like the rock stars we used to be.

Monkey Girl said...

Chris,

Tell me about it. One morning you're hopping out of bed, skipping to the bathroom, singing in the shower...the next morning, you're crawling out of bed (while moaning), hobbling to the bathroom hunched over, and grabbing the wall of the shower, for fear of falling over!
Rude wake-up call?
More like a bitch slap to the face.

guy who trapped monkey girl said...

It doesn't hurt... Just a minor irritation. But I'll take a segway!