Monday, December 8, 2008

Just bend over and relax...

Sooooo.....on Friday, I went in for my first (in a loooooong series) bicillin shot!! Aren't you excited? Aren't you jealous?? These shots are supposed to be the 'big guns' to fight my Lyme infection. I opted for them instead of putting in a permanent IV. Seemed easier and less intrusive. 3 shots a week! Yippee! So, the Hubby and I took the shot to my lyme doctor, so she could show him the ropes. Nothing is quite as satisfying as bending over, letting my doctor draw a big triangle on my ass with a sharpie and letting my husband poke me with a very large and very thick needle. And you know what? I think he really enjoyed it. Sick bastard. I just know he can't wait until Monday afternoon.

5 comments:

Mamajama said...

Way to have a sense of humor about the whole thing! I like to inflict pain on my hubby...just recently I've been trying to get him to allow me to remove his toe nails. No luck yet.

Jen said...

And I thought 2 allergy shots in the back of my arm each week was bad.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that this pays off.

Krys said...

Yeah, I was scared about the flu shot. I love your attitude!!!

Monkey Girl said...

Mamajama, Jen, and Krys -

Thank you for the support, it's well needed and you all are so sweet. If I don't look at the funny side of this disease, I'd lose it entirely. Thanks for the help!

Love,
Monkey Girl

Jay said...

A poke in the ass 3x weekly? That costs you extra where I'm from.