Sunday, July 20, 2008

Getting my ass kicked...

I knew when I started this blog that it would be hard not to discuss my illness...and as much as I don't want to give it so much attention in my life... it's still there.

I've read many blogs over the years, and many that revolve around people's illnesses, and I didn't want to do that. There is so much more to me than having chronic Lyme Disease.

Unfortunately, sometimes it's all I think about, especially during treatment.

There are daily reminders, of all the things I can no longer do. It's hard to forget. Truly it's a delicate balance between trying not to give the illness too much power over me.

These last few weeks have been a struggle. The constant pain, the weakness, the lethargy, spiking fevers, etc...it gets old fast.

The treatment adds...nausea, muscle and tendon pain, and a life that revolves around taking medication.

Honestly I don't know how people do it.

So here's the deal...

I'm not going to give the disease all my energy. Yes, there will be good days and bad days, and days I need to discuss it, but I refuse to give it all my time.

There are so many more important things to discuss...

1 comment:

mommapolitico said...

Hey, there, monkey girl. As a new reader, I had no idea about your illness. Hang in there, Girl. You're right on. We can't surrender everything to the disease. (Migraines are my pain in the butt, but cannot compare to what you're going through.) See, now there's the difference between men and women. We keep on keepin' on, for what other options do we have, as everyone depends on us! Take good care of yourself and spoil yourself a bit when you can. Obviously, your illness hasn't affected your wit, passion and great writing! :)